The Baltimore Bike Share program was on hiatus following a disastrous launch that was highlighted by stolen bikes and empty stations. Today they’ve announced that bikes are officially back and they’ve got a plan to make sure things go more smoothly this time around!
Here are the improvements made:
- Three new re-balancing and maintenance trucks
- New charging/rebalancing trailer that is the first of its kind in the world. Called “The Mothership”
- Completely revamped and relocated call center with new customer service reps, equipment, and protocols.
- Corps Logistics’ operation team has been working 7 days a week repairing, cleaning and rechecking bikes and stations
- The operations team has increased staff at all levels and disciplines.
- New and advanced security and monitoring features
- Majority of bikes have undergone a refurbishment process by the manufacturer.
- Increased community involvement with many partnered and sponsored membership programs to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Increased BPD security involvement, partnership, and enforcement
- Many more things that we’re not going to bore you with:-)
Let us know what you think!